Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

Hello, I made the mistake of allowing contact with a female

I made the mistake of allowing contact with a female off of Adult Friend Finder, I think she is a prostitute or scammer. Her yahoo id isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, claims to be Mary Mclain born on June 1st 1980, with an email name of Mary Coil, and had her account deactiviated by AFF as soon as she made contact with me. I was using the site to actually date someone, and had no pic posted, niether did she. She lives in Tampa (If thats true, and gave me a number of XXX-XXX-XXXX) to text her, but she never texts, and is not really wanting to talk, and is not interested in details of my life, seems to need refreshing each time we chat online. She claims she is from Iowa. Is this a scammer or a real person that acts really bazoko?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 2 years ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

Thank you for your question. Was there anything about her conduct other than what you have already said that raised your suspicions?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

shes notinterested in detaisl of my life that actually mean something

Brandon M. :

What else raised your suspicions?

Customer:

like im getting divorced, I have kids

Customer:

she made statments that dont make sense

Customer:

she claims she owns a store

Customer:

works till 7

Customer:

doesnt carry her phone

Customer:

I called the number she gave me

Customer:

the one you have now

Customer:

she has not asked for money

Customer:

but has been evasive on talking to me

Customer:

it does not make sense

Brandon M. :

Do you know where her supposed store is located?

Customer:

also AFF deactivated her account based her interactions with me

Customer:

Tampa

Customer:

the phone number is XXXXX

Brandon M. :

Do you know what the name of her store is?

Customer: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Customer:

she told me not to text her anymore until she got back home, but when I was chatting with her

Customer:

she was supposedly home

Customer:

so she was busted

Customer:

she claimed she was tired wanted to go to bed

Customer:

asked me if was going to chat with others I said no

Customer:

I had a hunch

Customer:

I singed out

Customer:

shes back on line

Customer:

but wont respond to me

Customer:

All I know is that she sent me a pic of a very pretty girl

Brandon M. :

Do you know the name of her store?

Customer:

and claims thats her

Customer:

no

Customer:

shje wont tell me yet

Brandon M. :

Ok, one moment, please.

Customer:

she claims she owns it

Customer:

fashion items that she import/exports

Customer:

i just need to know she is a real person

Customer:

Mary Mclean, June 1st 1980, from Iowa, living in Tampa claims to be Catholic, never married and has a yahoo id ofXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Brandon M. :

I understand. I am currently performing a search. Please allow me just a few moments.

Customer:

I have a picture too

Customer:

okay

Customer:

sorry just kinda frustrated

Brandon M. :

No problem. It will just take a few moments while I check some records.

Customer:

k

Customer:

when she sends email in Yahoo her alias is Mary Coil

Brandon M. :

You are certain of the spelling of her alleged real name, correct?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

and that phone number does it check out?

Customer:

she kept saying she decides when we talk, so why give a number if your not ever going to talk to a person, but she chatted with me all day today online at work

Customer:

very suspicious

Customer:

when I try to get her to talk to me, she gets angry and says im too much of a hurry, that and the fact that she seems to need the same info each time we talk leads me to believe the yahoo id is being used by more than one person

Customer:

anyway

Customer:

Ill wait to see what you find

Brandon M. :

What I can tell you is that there is only one Mary Mclain in the state of Florida with an active registered business. The Mary Mclain in question does have her business in Tampa, but she created the business in 1992. So unless this Mary Mclain has been operating it since she was 12 years old, the facts do not match up.

Customer:

what am I supposed to do wtith link in the window?

Brandon M. :

If you click on it, you can see the information for Mary Mclain's business. However, as I mentioned, I do not have any reason to believe it is the same woman with whom you have been corresponding.

Customer:

what did you find out about the phone number?

Customer:

I clicked on it I am not able to get it to open

Customer:

any info on the phone number

Brandon M. :

There is no information on that telephone number except that it is a private land-line. However, there are red flags all over this case.

Customer:

okay

Customer:

so shes a prostitute

Brandon M. :

I am sorry that the link did not work, but take my word for it that the information says what I have said.

Customer:

okay

Customer:

figured as much

Brandon M. :

I would not be surprised.

Customer:

thanks

Brandon M. :

Certainly. Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please keep in mind that the experts are not credited for unaccepted answers; even where every problem cannot be solved, my hope is that you can at least feel confident in your knowledge. Please remember to click accept once you are finished. Thank you.

Customer:

yeah

Customer:

thanks

Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience: Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.