Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

In a divorce situation, Lexington, KY, credit cards used by

In a divorce situation, Lexington, KY, credit cards used by both spouses, but only one person's name is XXXXX XXXXX card. Who is responsible for the bill?
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

The spouse whose name is XXXXX XXXXX credit card account would be solely responsible for any of the credit card debt to the credit card issuing bank.

However, in a divorce situation, both spouses would be equally responsible for any marital debt, but that would only play role when dividing the marital assets and debts and regardless of what the family court decides with the debt, the spouse whose name is XXXXX XXXXX accounts is still be the only one that is legally liable to the debt to the creditor.

You can find an experienced and licensed local Criminal Defense attorney by using these well-trusted and reliable attorney information/referral websites:

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button or a smiley face..

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT or a Smiley Face.