TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

If you sign a buyers order in the state of va is there any

If you sign a buyers order in the state of va is there any way out of one. When purchasing from a dealership if it was signed two days ago. And how do you get out of it.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. I am a Virginia attorney.

I'm truly sorry to say that I do not have good news for you. Virginia does not have a cancellation period or "cooling period" for car sales. Accordingly, the sale is final when the written contract is signed. Once the written contract is signed, it can only be canceled if both parties voluntarily agree.

However, if the car was misrepresented (for example, if the car is in worse shape than the dealer implied), then you could argue that the misrepresentation voids the contract. But if there was no misrepresentation, then you may be stuck.

I wish that I had better news, but I have to give you the honest answer. Please remember to click "accept."