Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

my wife was contacted vi email from a person who showed they

my wife was contacted vi email from a person who showed they have a nude pic of her. Initially the writer said they were female and just wanted my wife ot know the pics were out there to help her. I replied and asked where they saw the pics. After several emails its apparent this person is male and is now giving us advice on how we should protect ourselves online. My wife is very scared that they have other pics and will send them to her facebook contacts or employer. What can we do?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
First, you need to try to identify who this person is. Second you would need to contact the police and file a report about extortion and harassment. You will also need to seek to file suit against the person where they are located to get a restraining order against them and seek to recover the photographs. This is the problem with these types of internet or telephone nude photo cases, they are very costly and very difficult to fight and require a combination of law enforcement involvement and filing civil actions to get restraining orders to try to recover the photographs and stop dissemination of them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer OR the HAPPY SMILEY FACE. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law