RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

What type of legal help do I need for being accused of fire

What type of legal help do I need for being accused of fire damages to a neighboring property?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

That depends. Who is accussing you? Are the police accussing you of starting the fire? Or is your neighbor suggesting they are going to sue you for negligence for supposedly starting the fire?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is the neighbor's insurance company accusing me of this. This is a condo complex and they (insurance company) is still completing the fire investigation.

Thank you for your question. I appreciate your patience while I researched and typed out your answer.

I appreciate your reply. I'm going on the assumption that they intend to reimburse the homeowner and are then looking to you to reimburse them. In this case, you are looking for a lawyer who handles civil litigation claims. If you were accused of a crime, like arson, then obviously you'd want to retain a criminal defense lawyer.

You can search for lawyers using sites like www.avvo.com, which has lawyer ratings and reviews, or www.lawyers.com.You can also contact your local state bar association about a lawyer referral. If you Google search your state bar association, you may even find the information on who to contact. For example "Florida Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service" which come up with the direct number to call.

If you require additional information, press "REPLY" and I will be happy to assist you further.