Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What do I need to do to prepare for a plea withdrawal hearing?

What do I need to do to prepare for a plea withdrawal hearing? I'm Pro Per and you've helped me before. This motion is out of time.
You need to have first and foremost proof of your grounds for filing out of time and be prepared to present that evidence first. Once you present that evidence, then you present the evidence of how your counsel was ineffective. If you cannot convince them that your grounds for filing out of time are good cause, you will lose the motion, so that is the most important part of your case.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer OR the HAPPY SMILEY FACE. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, then should I supoena witnesses? I first learned of the malpractice from another attorney. Should I supoena her? She won't be happy since she knows the guy. Also should I supoena my former attorney?
Yes, you need to subpoena the witness. If you are claiming malpractice, then you must have an expert testify to that malpractice.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
An expert? I've only had 15 days notice of this thing. I had no idea. I thought the judge was going to question me. Is there a time limit on sending someone a supoena to be a witness? What if the lawyer has to be in court on one of her cases?
The attorney you mentioned would be your expert witness. If they cannot attend, as it is a motion hearing you can seek to have the court accept an affidavit from the attorney.