lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

We had a vehicle run into our bedroom. Our insurance is covering

We had a vehicle run into our bedroom. Our insurance is covering the incident instead of the driver's insurance. They are charging us our deductible. Can they do that and if so, how can we get it back? We may as well have ran into our own bedroom.
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

I am not sure why you only received a check for 75% but that is probably until you have the actual cost and can submit for a supplemental to cover the entire amount of the damage. You can ask the adjusted to be sure but that is typical. As to your deductible, you can file a small claims suit against the driver for that amount. Here are the typical forms and instructions

http://www.tulsasmallclaimscourt.com/