How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had a vehicle run into our bedroom. Our insurance is covering

Resolved Question:

We had a vehicle run into our bedroom. Our insurance is covering the incident instead of the driver's insurance. They are charging us our deductible. Can they do that and if so, how can we get it back? We may as well have ran into our own bedroom.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

I am not sure why you only received a check for 75% but that is probably until you have the actual cost and can submit for a supplemental to cover the entire amount of the damage. You can ask the adjusted to be sure but that is typical. As to your deductible, you can file a small claims suit against the driver for that amount. Here are the typical forms and instructions
lwpat and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you