Juliana, Attorney
Experience:  23 years of experience; former prosecutor, magistrate, child support attorney

Hello, I am a little concern now, I sent off a motion for default judgment. The letter

I am a little concern now, I sent off a motion for default judgment. The letter instructed me to take a default against the defendednt and failure to prosecute could cause my case to be dismissed. I sent in a simple form found online asking for a moiton for default judgment, but the form that I used did not have an amount to award me. I had to have all of this in by tomorrow. I want to know do I need to fill out another Motion for Default and have it sent Fed-ex overnight? Please help me in this matter.

Thanks for your question.

Since you have already filed one motion, it wouldn't be necessary to file a second tion. You could likely do an amended motion for default judgment that repeats exactly what you've said in your first motion, except that it should include the amount you are requesting.

If you can find the rules for this particular court online at this late hour, the court might permit you to fax them your amended motion so that you don't miss the deadline. You would then send in your original amended motion (the one with your actual signature on it) by regular mail. Or, as you said, you could send it to them tonight by FedEx overnight.

Hope this helps.