Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

my 15 year old son stole my debit card, when I notice all my

my 15 year old son stole my debit card, when I notice all my money was gone (5500.00) I call the bank. They told me a second card was being used. That's when I knew it was my son. The bank told me to sign an affidavite and file a police report and I would get my money back. After doing all of that they told my I could not get my money back becaue he was my son is this true.
No, it's not true unless there is something in your agreement with them that excludes family members (and I have never seen an agreement that does) or you gave him permission to use it. There is no automatic exclusion just because it was stolen by your son and used.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does it matter that he is a minor
Not really. They may try and argue that it is ultimately your responsibility for whatever he does but that is really outside of their contractual obligation to you. I would certainly think that is what they will argue anyway.