Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I was the primary petition holder for a recall. I witnessed signatures and am now being accused of not seeing all signatures, an investigator called me and said the recall candidate put in a complaint that I didn't see all signatures and he would give me a chance to say if there were any signatures I didn't witness. I told him I wanted to see the petition to look over first. He said it could be a class 4 felony for each one he thinks I didn't witness. This is what started it: I and another petition holder parked in the driveway of a signer. I went next door and she went to this person. I knew the neighbor was going to sign so I knew it would take only a few minutes. The other petition holder was in the house where we parked so when I finished at the neighbor's I went to the back door and watched inside as the petition holder was having this person sign. I could see right thru the door. After I watched the signature I motioned to the other holder that I was going to the car. The problem is that I signed all the petitions that I witnessed the signatures. There were only 118 signatures. I see 2 signatures that could be in question. These 2 signers have re-signed while I witnessed, however it was after the petitions were filed. What and who do I speak with?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cancel my question