JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

my car was hit along with a neighbor and the car didnot stop,

Customer Question

my car was hit along with a neighbor and the car didnot stop, we have the license number and police dcr number but their insurance company will not pay told me to go back to my own insurance to pay for the damage
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of the circumstances you've described. Please clarify: what is your actual question that you'd like assistance with? What information are you seeking from JustAnswer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i would like my car to be fixed because there is a deductible before the dealer mechanic can fix it
Thank you. Have you filed the claim with your insurance company, yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes and i told them i cannot afford the deductible so they gave me the person (lady) claim number and i call geico myself and are not going to do anything about the situation

Thank you. If you need the money up front and if GEICO won't provide it, then your recourse is to sue the other driver in small claims court for the deductible and seek the money that way.

This is the civil complaint form that is used: http://www.aopc.org/NR/rdonlyres/1AC033BB-1F6D-4C09-933F-76173C40EA83/0/AOPC308A11.pdf

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you, but i was going to small claims court, will this $38.00 go toward my court fees

No, it will not go towards the court fees. Court fees are things such as the court filing fee and any process server fees.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so this is not refundable
Pardon me? I do not understand your last question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
on the screen before i used my charged card it said refundable i feel i was going to small claims even before just wanted another opion
Do you have any additional questions?