Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

My Sole propretary engineering consulting company is located

My Sole propretary engineering consulting company is located in California. How can I collect an unpaid bill for engineering consultation I provide by email to a client corporation in Texas?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good morning. Unless the corporation does business in CA or otherwise has the necessary minimum contacts with the State of CA, you will have to file your suit against the corporation in Texas. Once you file your suit...and you can have a Texas lawyer file this on your behalf without coming to Texas if the claim is over $10,000, and file it on your own in small claims without a lawyer online if the claim is $10,000 or less.... and get the judgment awarded in your favor, you can then have the sheriff serve a summons on them for a debtor examination. That forces them to meet you in court and answer questions under oath about their assets. After you obtain that information you have the power to attach bank accounts, and/or have the sheriff seize other property to satisfy the debt.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.