lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

I was raped and molested by my mothers boyfriends and their friends between the ages

I was raped and molested by my mother's boyfriends and their friends between the ages of five (5) and twelve (12). I have PTSD, and one of my primary anxiety issues is not feeling safe in my own home. My husband is a convicted felon (white collar crime). I owned rifles prior to my husbands conviction, my Uncle had taught me how to shoot when I was in my teens. I gave the rifle to a friend before he came home from prison. Can I buy a gun, and keep it in my home without putting my husband in danger of breaking Florida Statute 790.23?
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

I am very sorry to hear of your situation and also that of your husband. However, the law is clear. It does not matter who owns the firearm, it cannot be in the house. Sorry.