Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I am a Fireman. We have a profession that is not only dangerous

I am a Fireman. We have a profession that is not only dangerous but nosy. I lost signilicate hearing in both ears as what I feel was a concequence of be a fireman. Two months ago it was discovered that I had a lemon size tomor gowing out of the nerve in my brain that controls my hearing in my right side. Fortunaly it was benige, I had surgery and had the tomor removed, but I lost all of my hearing in my right ear. I am no longer able to return to work as a Fire fighter due to the fact that my hearing is so bad. My sand is, if my hearing wasn't so bad in the first place, even though I under went surgery and lost my hearing in the right ear, I would have been able to return to work, because the left ear would have been normal, and my overall hearing would have been enough to meet the sandards of firefighting. Since then the Ciy has shot down or deniged my workman's compensaion claim. Should I file suit?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
You can file suit if you can establish a causal connection between the tumor and your duties. You need to show the injury is work related to be awarded workers comp.