MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

My mother has been scammed at the Grand Miramar in pueta vallarta

My mother has been scammed at the Grand Miramar in pueta vallarta Mexico and also by the sales man who had her deposit 8000$ into an account in usa.Im wondering who she can contact especially if they can go after the account in usa.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Did your mother pay with a credit card?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes for the timeshare but for the 8000 she did a bank transfer
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX she scammed, and to whom did she make payment?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

She bought the timeshare with the promise they would sell her other two,that never happened.now I guess she owns 3.Next she was contacted by the salesman and was told if she paid 8000 and gave him 10 weeks of her timeshare he would sell them and give her 28000 back.He was supposed to send her contracts and never did and she cannot contact anyone at this place after trying many times.The timeshare might be legit but now the 8000 is an obvious by the salesman.being that the money was transfered to an account in th US I would like to know if she can go after the account holder.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can claiming that the $8000 payment was obtained via misrepresentation and amounts to theft by deception. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a organization in Mexico she can contact also.And where does she start the complaint filing here in america?
She would file the complaint with the attorney general's office for her state. Regarding Mexico government complaints, she would be best served by retaining private counsel in Mexico to pursue the matter on her behalf. For your reference see http://www.mexicolaw.com/LawInfo24.htm

Please let me know if you need additional guidance.