MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

In 2000 I was hired by Ford Motor an independant contractor

In 2000 I was hired by Ford Motor an independant contractor to help design a used vehicle Certified Pre Owned Vehicle Program for both Ford and Lincoln Mercury.At the time I was contacted by Jim Oconnor pres.of Ford Motor Co I had been working fot Toyota and Lexus doing Certified training for Toyota dealers,managers and salespeople for 10 years. My contact with Ford was verbal with a handshake the same as it was with Toyota and has continued this way through 2012.Recently there was a change in mgt. at Ford and the new mgr and I agreed on 10 weeks work for 2012 which was already in the approved budget.Several weeks later as I was planning out my 12 week schedule the new mgr called me ,said he made a mistake,did not need me at all but gave me 2 weeks work take it or leave it.What if anything can I do about our verbal contract.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Were you actually paid consistent with the verbal contract (i.e. had the parties started performer per the terms of the verbal contract?)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes attended a meeting in Jan 2012 to plan my schedule .3 days at meeting and was paid for 3 days work
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this three day period within the 12 week schedule or separate from the 12 week schedule? If separate, is there anything in writing reflecting the verbal agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the (T 3 ) meeting as it is called has always been paid out of my total budget. I do have some e-mails relating to my participation in 2012 from both the previous and current mgrs ot the CPO program CERTIFIED ORE OWNED)

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX emails affirm the details of the verbal contract, you can enforce that verbal agreement based on such terms. However, if you do not have any written statements, whether in a single document or piece meal, confirming the details of the verbal agreement (specifically, the term; compensation; and services to be performed) I'm afraid you are without recourse as the verbal agreement then would be without enforceability. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had many conversations with both previous and current CPO mgrs on my business phone which I always record (mostly for accuracy of specific details).Are these taped calls of any value to the verbal agreement.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Yes, they are as they serve as strong evidence of the existence of the verbal agreement and you reasonable reliance thereon, so as to enforce its terms against the company.