MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

My son was a senior resident assistant and told her was terminated

My son was a senior resident assistant and told her was terminated and had to move out of his dorm in 12 hours is this right
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Why was he terminated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was told by his director who was going to get hired in new postition in 2 weeks. He told it to 2 people at same level . Now they save cannot be trusted. He was told by that same director to lie about it
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX he tell two people at the same level?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He never realized it was confidential they were worried about they building he thought he was helpful
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
I am a bit confused, you mentioned that he was advised not to tell anyone, he told two people, but did not know it was confidential?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he does not remember that advise. he never tought it was confidential. He was not at the level to get that info. When he got it he toought all others at his level got it.
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is not a sufficient time to require that he vacate the property, he should be given at least 30 days. Regarding whether he can be released from his position as an RA, that really depends on the written terms of his appointment, but in any event, he can appeal to the Dean of resident services and if this is the only basis for his termination, he will likely prevail. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he did vacate his room and I hurt my shoulder moving him
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
ok, what question can I answer for you in light of these facts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there anything to do if my injury gets worse. any case for injury law suit
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately not, this is because the school did not actually require you to be involved in the moving process at all, and can therefore defend your suit on grounds that in participating in the move you assumed the risk of injury to your own detriment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

i think my son meet with the associate dean of students who told of the termination. Is he out of luck too.

Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Not necessarily, the termination is certainly subject to appeal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could i ask another question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could i ask another question

i was working at an accounting job and got terminiate for not learning info fast enough

i worked extra hours

during the last part of employment i found that i had sleep apnea and being treated medically . i discussed it with my employer

is ther a case of workers comp or diability

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it too late to file a claim
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you are completely free to pose a new question, please remember to click Accept however if I have answered your questions thus far.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, because your next question is entirely unrelated and an employment question, I will opt in favor of an employment law expert.