JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Can you verify this number of employee of Us army ? 4A 5B

Customer Question

Can you verify this number of employee of Us army ? 4A 5B 77GHTE4

Thank you
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 2 years ago.

Lawyer Lori :

Good morning. My name is XXXX XXX I will be working with you this morning.

Lawyer Lori :

Can you tell me if this employee is a service member (soldier) or a civilian employee?

Customer :

it' supposed to be an officier

Customer :

service member

Lawyer Lori :

Service member numbers are typically the soldier's social security number - which this is not. Numbers are not made public as they are personal identifying information. Since you are asking I am guessing that you are in touch with a person who has stated that they are an officer in the Army. Since the army will not confirm that someone is actually an officer, you need to look to the circumstances of your interaction to determine if he is likely to be a legitimate member of the army.

Lawyer Lori :

I can tell you that there are a number of scams out there with people pretending to be officers in an attempt to get money from you.

Lawyer Lori :

There are some signs that this is an imposter.

Lawyer Lori :

1. You met on a dating site and he or she states that they are on active duty in Afghanistan or another country in which the US is involved in military action.

Lawyer Lori :

2. They seek money from you for some reason - phone minutes, need a computer, lack of equipment. These are all false as the military provides for its members. In addition, a real soldier could get into serious trouble by asking a civilian money.

Lawyer Lori :

3. You may be requested to fill out leave papers for his superior officers for him to get leave. Totally false, as the service member is the only one who may apply for leave.

Customer :

I'm not sure to understand. you mean that this is a number of an officer in the army ?

Lawyer Lori :

4. His leave may have been granted but he needs money to pay for leave time (false) or to pay for a flight to you (false, as the military provides transportation).

Lawyer Lori :

There is no way for a civilian to check on whether this is a service number, but it does not follow the proper format - so it does not appear to be a service number of an officer.

Customer :

I have another number of an officer in air force of Us army to verify. 3A 3AC (upside down V) L (upside down LN)

Customer :

He asked nothing from me. He just get in touch with me from Skype.

Lawyer Lori :

I'm sorry but we cannot verify numbers of service members as they are considered personal information and not made public. However, you need to be aware that there are a number of people pretending to me military men so that they can build a relationship and then at some time take financial advantage of people.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: do you understand that you are being contacted by people who are NOT members of the U.S. Military but individuals who are acting as scam artist impostors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maybe poeple is Us militayre maybe not. You don't know. You are not able to verify.
It's easy to say it's false without verify.

I have the information of one of the scammer is Diplomat Ibrahim Mohammed . On his passport :

United Nations High Commissionner for Refugees (UNHCR)

Deir Ghbar
Amman, Jordan
phone : +962 6 XXX XXXX
+962 6 XXX XXXX
fax : +962 6 XXX XXXX
email :
XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

The number of passport is : 199-07C03925
Birth date : 01-07-1966
Date of creation of passport : 13-05-2007
Name : Ibrahim Mohammed
Iraq

Can you do something ?

Ibrahim Mohammed is a reported scam artist: http://www.lindqvist.com/ibrahim-mohammed-scammer-alias/

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not the same Ibrahim Mohammed.
If his scammer why you are not able to do something ?
What action are you seeking?

JustAnswer experts are information experts. We are not law enforcement authorities.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You verify nothing and your only answer is "His a scammer"
You didn't do nothing.

You are a scammer too.
With all due respect, that is not necessary.

Have you reviewed the warnings previously issued by the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command?

CID receives hundreds of allegations a month from victims who state they got involved in an online relationship with someone, on a legitimate dating Web site or other social media Web site, who claims to be a U.S. Soldier. The "Soldier" then begins asking for money for various, false service-related needs such as transportation costs, communication fees, marriage, processing and medical fees. Victims of these online scams have lost tens of thousands of dollars, with a very low possibility of recovery.

The U.S. has established numerous task force organizations to deal with this growing epidemic; unfortunately, many times the people committing these scams are from African countries using untraceable email addresses, routing accounts through numerous locations around the world and utilizing pay per hour Internet cyber cafes, which often times maintain no accountability of use.

If you believe that a person is impersonating a U.S. Solider, have you reported it to CID?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will report again.
Do you have their e-mail address to do it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I reported to the IC3. But I didn't have any answer. If you have another email, send to me
IC3 is not CID. They are totally different.

usarmy.belvoir.usacidc.mail.crime-tips@mail.mil

Best wishes to you.