Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

The FAA did an emergency order of revocation taking my airframe

The FAA did an emergency order of revocation taking my airframe and powerplant ( my way to earn a living ) 6 monthes ago, I had my day in court 10 days ago and won, The FAA's court, the FAA's judge my 30,000 dollars to pay my lawyer and now the FAA has appealed to the NTSB in Washington DC. They say the Judge did not know what he was doing. I still can not work, What can I do?
Dear JACUSTOMER - There is little you can do when an appeal is filed since the case is not yet final. My only suggestion would be to file a motion with the court of appeals to lift the revocation order pending the appeal since you won on that issue at the lower court level. This would be similar to a common motion made to appeals courts to stay the execution of a fine or sentence etc. pending an appeal only it is in reverse of the norm where you are asking to remove the stay. I'm not certain if you are still being represented by counsel in the appeal phase but if you are you may want to discuss this option with your attorney. Appeals can become quite complicated with legal research so I have no way of telling you if there is any legal precedent in your situation. This would require research which I cannot perform from this website.