INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I had to do a frist amend to a complaint I served on two seperate

I had to do a frist amend to a complaint I served on two seperate companys,one company had to filed a dermurrer to my complaint, while the other side answered the complaint. I sent them a copy of the amend complaint, but they have't filed a new answer. they're frist answer to my original complaint with out the amend, had the same concerns the other company that filed the dermurrer had, from the answers, they filed in court. what would my next step be contact the courts, get in touch with the defendants. or mail a new copy to them and ask them to file a new set of answers, elaine
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. Have you filed the amended complaint with proof of service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, a attorney prepaired the frist amend to the complaint and did the proof of service for the company that orginally filed the dermurrer, he gave the paper's to me to mail , the proof of service was directly addressed to the defendants that filed the dermurrer. I just mailed a copy of the amend complaint with a signature for the delivery request,
You would next file the amended complaint and file proof of service with the court. The court should next schedule a conference and you may follow up with the court for scheduling. Considering settlement discussions is a good step as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the proof of service had only the name of the company that had filed for the dermurrer, should I send another copy of the complaint to the second defendants and file proof of service in court , because i did not do one for them. elaine
It should be sent to all named defendants and proof of service filed.

I hope this has given you the information you were seeking and lead you in the right track. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you, elaine
Very welcome.