JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

in the state of oregon i have a restrianing order on me i have

Customer Question

in the state of oregon i have a restrianing order on me i have some things on her property,that i need to get.she has aloud a third party to get it but no one wants to go there.can she keep my things after a certian amount of time?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: how long is the restraining order for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is for one year.
Thank you. As a general matter, a person can keep property that has been deemed to be "abandoned" -- that is you don't have someone and pick it up.

If you cannot get anyone to go for you, an option to consider is to go back to court with a written motion asking the judge that you be allowed to return to the property on X date at X time for the sole purpose of retrieving your personal belongings.

It is possible for the judge to give temporary permission for that limited purpose. The judge will grant the request if the judge is confident that it will be safe for everyone.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.