JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

I live in NYC and am filing a pro se suit. Can I file my suit

I live in NYC and am filing a pro se suit. Can I file my suit electronically or can only lawyers file electronically? What about paralegals - can they file electronically?
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

At this time, only attorneys are allowed to create an e-filing account and use the e-filing resources. https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/CreateAccount

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does that also include paralegals? In other words, can paralegals file a suit for you electronically or only lawyers?
Thank you very much for the follow-up! Only lawyers can file electronically.

Best wishes.