JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

how do i get a car title in my name from my dead huband there

Customer Question

how do i get a car title in my name from my dead huband there is still a balance and the car have been stolen. and get a title so the insurance will paid it off.since i file a stolen claim. it got a stolen flash and will not be remove unless it is found or four years which every come first.i am in a caught 22 please help.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify:

1. Do you have a copy of the death certificate?

2. Was there an estate opened in probate court? If so, you were the designated administrator or was someone else responsible for concluding his financial affairs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
got death certifcate no never been to probate. was told since i am the only surving relate didn't have to
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
never been to court for this
Thank you. No problem.

Simply complete this Certification form to put the auto in your name and submit it to the Secretary of State with a copy of the death certificate: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/tr-29_16195_7.pdf

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did file this cerifcate with the state
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
already did what you say to do but because the stolen flash on it.and tda auto file a reproession title when they never did take the auto. the insurance company state farms want to paid rhe stolen auto claim but want because of stolen flash and reproession claim stolen flash will stay on record for 4 years or the auto found please help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you shouldn't be on line charges for what you are doing i just flush 28 down. this is just commom sense. you didn't tell me anything that i didn't already know.