JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Im a leaglly disabled,the state of Minnesota provides PCA

Customer Question

Im a leaglly disabled,the state of Minnesota provides PCA {personal care assistant for me,through a private owned agency.The PCA in question was fired for braking client confidentality,by telling personal things about me to an outside person.The person came forward,reported to me,wrote a letter to the agency,detailing the personal information in writing.The PCA was fired immediately.what legal recourse do I have
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am very sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify: what do you mean when you ask about legal recourse? Against who? For what purpose?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the agency,as they have liability insurance,is was their employee,that said very discusting things,that made the person,who she was telling, consider ending our friendship.The employee was also drunk on several ocasions when working at my house
Thank you. A patient has two options to consider:

1. Filing a patient privacy / HIPAA complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as explained here:

2. Sue the provider under a kind of invasion of privacy (and possibly breach of contract) theory of liability.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.