TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I bought a puppy rare race ... first all the doctors said he

I bought a puppy rare race ... first all the doctors said he was younger then the breeder claimed ... i had too wait for two , three months to have his 16 week shot after that my vet took his tests... And said he has a liver problem... And he needs a surgery cost 2.500 dollors.For the past around 3 months i had a lot of emotional , psycological stress . I was also suppose to start working for the company which finally didnt take me... I want to sue the breeders... Please ,tell me what should i do????? Thank u
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

You probably do have a legitimate case against the breeder under California's puppy lemon law (read more about it HERE). However, you would not likely win any damages for your emotional distress, or because you did not get the job. Of course, if you do sue then you have every right to ask for damages for the distress and the job loss, but they are likely going to be considered too remote and not foreseeable damages for selling an ill puppy. You can find all the information you need to sue the breeder in small claims court by CLICKING HERE.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!