Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I attended a non-accredited nursing school in St. Kitts that

Customer Question

I attended a non-accredited nursing school in St. Kitts that promised a lot of things but did not deliver. At the time they did not offer financial aid for the USA. They do now.This was in 2006. I am still trying to get my nursing degree in Chicago. I owe Sallie Mae 67,000.00 to date for no transferable credits to ANY SCHOOL. I became sick with strep throat twice while in school. My grades declined due to illness and now I have a life long chronic illness of psoriasis due to bad treatment, dismissed from a nursing school and a lot of debt. I am still not in a nursing program. This school IUON was supposedly bought by Devry. The BSN program that I am trying to go to is also owned by Devry. It is exspensive.Chamberlian School of nursing. What can I do about this ridiculous loan.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting for a response.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, unless you can prove you suffered a permanent disability that prevented you from ever practicing in your area of study, I am afraid there is nothing you can do about the ridiculous loans. The fact you went out of the country to a non-accredited program also hurts you, as you were aware that the school lacked accreditation and you willingly took your chances. If you can prove your disability is permanent and severe to prevent you from performing any duties as a nurse, you can file an appeal with the lender to reduce or waive the loans, but this is very rarely done.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT and/or the HAPPY SMILEY FACE button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”