Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Can I be charged with wire fraud if I get themto sign a contract

Can I be charged with wire fraud if I get themto sign a contract accepting terms
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Can you please provide me more details about your question, so I can better understand it and answer it for you?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I sale mining tires overseas. I had two guys wire me money for tires. The first guy the deal fell through he had sent 280,000.00 originally. I had sent a 60,000 deposit for the tires he ordered but tires won't be in until end of April. I sent 220,000.00 back to him. So if he signs a contract to accept the 4 tires in april does that end the wire fraud that he called the FBI on me
Thank you for your follow up.

Have you been charged with any crime yet?

Have you been questioned by the FBI about this transaction?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I haven't been charged with anything. The FBI came seen me and threatened me about it but said they wasn't worried about it if I could get them some info on another guy
Thank you for your follow up.

Did you have your local criminal defense attorney present while you were questioned by the FBI?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I don't have a attorney but they didn't really ask me much about it at all
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

At this point, if you had already been questioned by the FBI, it means that FBI has found this matter to be a subject to criminal investigation and that potentially it would be referred to US Attorney's Office for criminal prosecution.

I would strongly suggest for you to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney who is experienced in handling crimes involving federal wire fraud.

If you simply refund the money to your customer, it might not end the investigation, even if this customer agrees to the terms that you were to offer him for the sale of 4 tires.

Unfortunately, once an investigation is started, it is not up to the victim who reported it to the FBI to stop it, but it is up to the FBI and also up to the US Attorneys Office whether to prosecute the case.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated