lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

I was 5mph over the posted speed of 70mph on I-10 at Cabazon

I was 5mph over the posted speed of 70mph on I-10 at Cabazon CA. Can my speeding ticket be dismissed because the incorrect year of my vehicle was put on the ticket?

The officer never asked for or saw my proof of ins nor my registration. My registered address info is not filled in on the ticket.
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

I am sorry but that is not a sufficient reason for the ticket to be dismissed. Here is an article that covers that situation.

With that said, it is unusual to receive a ticket for only five over. If the court is close you may want to show for court and the judge may dismiss, especially if the officer does not show. You can also dispute the ticket with a Trial by Declaration. You can do that entirely by mail and if the officer does not reply your ticket will be dismissed. You can also take the online traffic school if you have not taken it in the last 18 months.