MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

Hi - I am building a small business which is set up as an S

Hi - I am building a small business which is set up as an S corporation. The concept is to "employ" writers to post information to a web site owned and operated by the corporation. The writers will be provided guidelines on format and their submissions will be subject to review (editing). The writers will be paid based on how often their submission are visited by site visitors. Is there any way to not call the writers "employees" per IRS rules? (And not have to do all the associated paperwork...)
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Thank you...
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You could designate the writers as independent contractors, not employees. Because the writers will not be under the corporation's exclusive control, they can properly be considered independent contractors and not employees.

For your reference, see http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99921,00.html

Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.