Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

i have a lady that i go out with she is on hud hud lady told

i have a lady that i go out with she is on hud hud lady told her i cant live there thats fine i am gone to work five days aweak can i go to her house to see my lady friend
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 years ago.

Yes, you can visit her at any time you like. But you just can't begin to stay there for periods of time as it will appear that you are living there. HUD has very strict rules regarding occupancy and her qualification for the program is based on the number of occupants who are living there at the time she qualifies. If HUD conducts an inspection and sees another person's clothes, personal property, they get their mail there, etc., it could result in her being disqualified from receiving assistance under the program guidelines.
.
So as long as you are just visiting and have your own residence, you will be fine as they have to prove you live there in order to disqualify her.

.

Thanks.

.

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting/interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing.