Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs

I have more Questions lots of them

Customer Question

I have more Questions lots of them
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using JA. I have read your comments above. If you can reply with your legal question I will attempt to assist.

.

Thanks.

.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Glenn had a will his mom drew up and somewhere in the last year it was changed he was not notified of this till his mother had a stroke 4 weeks ago that he was no longer the poa then he tried looking into it but no one would let him know anything since then she passed away and he was left with nothing something is wrong with this since he took care of everything
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Ok, typically when a POA is revoked, the holder of the POA is notified in writing that their POA has been revoked. Until they are notified in writing, they can't be held liable for anything that they do on behalf of the grantor of the POA.

With that said, a POA has nothing to do with the power to make a will. The testator (maker) of the will can modify or change the will at any time up until their death if they choose. As long as the modifications or new will is properly executed, it would be considered valid by the probate court. There is no requirement that a former beneficiary be notified if they are later cut out of a will for some reason as wills are completely private documents until they are admitted to probate for administration.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So is not a copy of the will suppose to be sent to all family members because we need dates on when things were being changed and know how all this circle of events happened cuz glenn had all paper work and was not notified of anything till he sent his paper work in when she was in the hospital and 2 days later his brother had other paper work what the heck
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
No, a will is completely confidential until it is admitted to probate. Testators commonly give copies to family members and the executor, but this is their option and there is no requirement that they do so.

Mom could have literally changed her will on her deathbed if she chose to and if it was properly witnessed, notarized and signed, it would be completely valid and cancel any previous wills. It is the last properly executed will that controls.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont understand how someone could change something this inportant and not let the people know that are involved glenn took care of everything until she had the stoke and died and found out he was not suppose to be doing this????
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
I can't speculate as to why mom would do this, but apparently she had her reasons.
It seems pretty unfair to Glenn. But unfortunately a person can choose to leave someone out of their will if they wish.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.