Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

A few weeks ago the company I work for was mentioned, in a

Customer Question

A few weeks ago the company I work for was mentioned, in a well known weekly documentary series seen on national TV, for falsifying a document. That statement is true. But my name was shown as a certifier of the document even though I had not signed it. The signature was illegible written above my name. We meaning the courts and I know who signed it. Do I have a libel case.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for your question. Without examining the case in person, I could not responsibly assess whether there was libel in this specific case, but I can discuss the nuances of libel with you so you can determine for yourself whether you are guilty of libel. Would that meet your needs?