TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Hi Iam expecting a baby in may and have been my apartment for

Customer Question

Hi Iam expecting a baby in may and have been my apartment for 3mos feel unsafe, the apartment needs a new cialing in the bathroom over top of shower head there was a hug water pocket that I had to complain about for 2mos,also olny 2 of the outlets in the place worked when I frist moved in it took 2mos for that also,theres holes in the walls they coverd with spacol very poorly done, the lock on the doors arent very good, the small patio on the back of the apartment is covert with moled,the apartment has brown spiter that I cannot get rid of there snakes and ratcoons all around the complex, and when calling and ask about this the landlord said that I took the apartment as is,even the cialing particals fall as the people above me just walk to and from. WHAT SOULD I DO
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I would complain to the landlord about the problems in writing, and keep copies for yourself to be used later as proof that the landlord was notified. I would also take pictures of all of the problems, and even have a witness (e.g., family or friend) inspect the premises, make written notes of everything he/she sees, and then sign written notes. Assuming the landlord does nothing in the next 30 days to resolve the problems, then I would inform the landlord that you're moving out, and then take pictures again and move. If the landlord sues you for unpaid rent, then in court you can defend yourself by presenting the written complaint letter(s), the pictures, and have the witness testify about what she saw (and use the notes to help her refresh her memory). Under those circumstances, you'd have a very good chance at winning the lawsuit.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well I appreciate your response but I gess I was looking for more a letter that could be written to my landlord or that of someone who I could get into contact with about my case this a little different then my understanding of what you do! Thanks alot But I'll keep looking
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi again.

I'm sorry, but I cannot write the letter for you. If you need actual representation, then you'll need to retain a local attorney near you. While I can answer legal questions, I cannot represent you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you do refounds I have no further questions thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to know if still get my refound if info didnt any because isnt what I was looking for and I would to seek elsewhere for help!

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I'll make a refund request for you.