J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
15393114

Greetings, I know this may not be the ideal legal question,

Greetings, I know this may not be the ideal legal question, but I entered my cc info into a questionable website: inteligator.com

Can anyone tell me if this website is legit and a number to cancel my purchase? They're email "cancel" link is fake.
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 4 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

There are numerous complaints across the internet regarding inteligator.com's business practices.

J.Hazelbaker :

I suggest you contact your credit card company and reverse the charge and block the company from making recurring charges (which seems to be one of the major complaints).

J.Hazelbaker :

Also, if they don't have a functioning cancel process, it could constitute unfair/deceptive trade practices. You could file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

J.Hazelbaker :

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.