How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawBeagle Your Own Question
LawBeagle, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 961
Experience:  Licensed attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawBeagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Babylon,NY Homeowner being sued for living with 2 non-blood

Resolved Question:

Babylon,NY Homeowner being sued for living with 2 non-blood members, and alleged violation to Babylon Town Code 213-77 para A. Need Babylon Law that allows an owner to live with 2 non-blood members.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawBeagle replied 5 years ago.


I have reviewed the Babylon code and something that may help you is the definition of a "rooming house" which you were cited under. The code states that a "Rooming House" is:


ROOMING HOUSE - A dwelling, other than a motel or hotel, where lodging is provided for compensation


If you are not taking compensation, then this would qualify. Here is the link to the code:


There is no other portion of the Babylon code that will assist you, however, there is a large body of case law in New York State on this issue. The NY Attorney General's office has summarized it well on this link:


Hopefully some of these cases will assist you in your situation


Let me know if you have any other specific questions! I hope this helps. If my answer has been informative, please click the green Accept button, as I will not receive credit for my response unless you do so. I am happy to answer follow up questions. After you hit Accept, type your response and hit reply, and I will get right back with you. Thanks again!

I love working with the same customers, as this provides a better experience for you. You can now go DIRECTLY TO MY WEBSITE, WWW.LAWBEAGLE.COM, and enter your questions directly into the Just Answer boxes there. Don't forget to book mark it. If you prefer to enter your questions on the just answer site, but would like to request me, simply put "FOR LawBeagle" at the beginning of your future questions.

DISCLAIMER Just Answer experts DO NOT provide legal services. In order to obtain a legal opinion or advice, you must retain the services of a licensed attorney located in your state. The answer provided is FOR INFORMATIONAL OR RESEARCH PURPOSES only, and does not constitute legal advice or a legal opinion AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON TO MAKE LEGAL DECISIONS. FURTHERMORE, by clicking Accept or viewing my response, you agree that this response WILL NOT be used to obtain credit at any institute of learning and is for background or research purposes only. YOUR QUESTIONS AND MY RESPONSE ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL, as they are viewable by the public. No attorney-client relationship is formed. By viewing my response, and/or clicking the "Accept" button, you are agreeing to these terms.

LawBeagle and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you