D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Experience:  10+years of experience in all matters of civil litigation and Hearing Officer/Arbitrator

A person use his body against my body and pointed a finger

Customer Question

A person use his body against my body and pointed a finger very close between my eyes,verbally insulted me.I back off and waved a long spoon(about on foot)in front of me and told him to stay away.But he went forward and tangled my neck with arms tightly ,pressed my head down the table.I hit him with the spoon.[once on head] Then I tried to free myself, struggled with him in that place full with equipment.when I got free,I told him to stop fighting.But he got some should we look at this case?
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 4 years ago.
Did he contact the police? If he did and the police want to speak to you, you should NOT speak to them without an attorney. Tell them you will not speak to them. Then contact a criminal defense attorney.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does it mean I would in trouble?
Depends. Technically speaking, he could file criminal assault and battery charges against you for for hitting him, but if his injury is really nothing, then the police likely will not prosecute.

So at this point, if there has been no police involvement and no lawsuits, then you do not need to do anything or worry about anything.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The person was hit by the moving spoon.I mean I wasn't intentional to hit him.that makes any different?
If you threw or waved the spoon around while engaged in the confrontation, then the intent to hit him can still be implied.

If there is little to no severe/significant injury, then it is unlikely that there will be any prosecution against you.