Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I am thinking of doing a raffle in this economy of peoples

I am thinking of doing a raffle in this economy of peoples payroll checks. If they give us their check and receive an additional $100 on top of their check amount, would this be legal in all states except Alabama?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid not. You may not conduct such a raffle. It is prohibited to conduct them except in limited situations such as by not for profits and very regulated.

I hope you found the answer fast and direct. Please click the ACCEPT button so I may get credit for it by Justanswer. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

If you have a follow up question, just click REPLY. I will be more than happy to address it.