JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

if my plane is delayed returning to sutter county California

if my plane is delayed returning to sutter county California and i miss Jury duty will there be a warrant out on me. ( i am scheduled to be on duty March 6th, i am completing work in Maui and changed my plane reservations to depart on the 5th of March. if the flight is cancelled and i miss jury duty will there be repercussions?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: have you already been picked / selected to sit on a particular trial or would this be your first report for jury duty?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was rescheduled to appear for jury duty for March 6th as i was on vacation in December when i received my first notice to appear. I am currently doing a job on Maui and needed to change my flight back to California. i will be flying in Monday March 5th and should be able to report there on March 6th. My wife is in a panic, that if the flight is cancelled, i will be arrested. i told her they would reschedule me. what is your opinion

Thank you.

If you miss the date, an arrest warrant will not be automatically be issued. However, you will receive a notice for you to come to court and show cause why you should not be held in contempt for missing court.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.