Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

RA gd

Customer Question

hello, ok heres my situation
i have been in need of medicaid for a long time now
and i applied for it then a couple weeks later i received a inheritence of 12 grand
i new i couldn't qualify then for medicaid but my application was still processing
so i kinda just forgot about it and looked into buying my health insurance which is way too much money!
so then i went to my mail box recently and saw that i been approved for health insurance and got my card in the mail too, but im afraid to use it. i only have 7 grand left and my question is can i gift the rest to someone in my family and then i can keep medicaid?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, you would have to disclose the fact that you have inherited this $12,000 to Medicaid and you would have to re-apply for it once these inheritance funds are exhausted.

Failure to disclose this inheritance to the Medicaid, can constitute Medicaid fraud, which can be state or federal felony crime.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I have provided you with a correct and accurate answer, which I do understand is not favorable to you, but the law is the law.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions or if you need for me to further explain my answer to you?

Thank you.