Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My dog was misdiagnosed on thursday as the vet did not take

Customer Question

My dog was misdiagnosed on thursday as the vet did not take an x rays but only blood work and said she did not know why he was listless and had not eaten food or drank water all day, she kept trying changing his medicine but never took an x ray and by the time they did yesterday and saw the obstruction in his intestines it had moved to his bowels and the dog was operated on today for the obstruction but it was too late and it killed him and he died today I would like the name of a lawyer in Los Angeles who would take this type of case of wrongful death our Doberman was only 3 years old and did not need to die please advise
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am terribly sorry about the loss of your precious dog and and as a pet owner myself, I can imagine how painful this loss must be for you and your family.

Unfortunately, the bad news, is the fact that courts in all states, including California, treat animals as simply any other personal property and they only legal recourse that would be allowed is for the cost of the replacement dog (which I do understand is not fair and not an option) and also possibly for any treatment that you have paid for that was not necessary and/or was not needed due to misdiagnoses, but not for wrongful death or medical malpractice as the case might be with human beings.

You can use these well respected and reliable attorney information/referral websites to find a local attorney in Los Angeles area who can help you pursue a case against this veterinarian for the cost of the dog and any unnecessary treatment costs that you have paid to the vet:

www.martindale.com
www.lexmundi.com
www.justia.com
www.lawyers.com

Once again, I am terribly sorry for your loss and I hope that you have strength to pull through this terrible experience.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The website that you gave me for vetinary malpractice in Los Angeles brings up no leads can you give me a specific lawyer in los Angeles that deals with Vetinary malpractice please
Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, there is simply hardly any attorneys that specialize in veterinary malpractice, due to the fact that only highly priced animals, such as race horses would justify filing a veterinary malpractice case in order to recover the cost of the animal, which can be in hundreds of thousands.

You would need to look for a local animal law attorney.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to provide customers with referrals to specific attorney and/or law firms, but you should be able to locate a local animal law attorney through one of the websites I have given you.

Thank you.