N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney at self
9653905

I am trying to find out if a Womens Health NP can see male

Customer Question

I am trying to find out if a Women's Health NP can see male patients in a general medicine practice in the state of arizona under their scope of practice.

Thank you
Angela
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have not recieved a response yet. Thank you for your help/

Angela

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 years ago.
http://www.azbn.gov/documents/advisory_opinion/AO%20Nurse%20Practitioner%20Description%20of%20Role%20and%20Functions%20rev%20Jan%202009.pdf
states at page 2:
Per A.A.C. R4-19-508, in addition to the scope of practice permitted a registered nurse, a registered nurse practitioner, under A.R.S. §§ 32-1601(15) and 32-1606(B)(12), may perform the following acts within the limits of the specialty area of certification:
///

Obviously seeing a male patient is not within the scope of women's health, but since you are also an RN you can see patients of all sexes, like any other RN.

Please tell me if I did not understand your question.

My opinion is that having the specialty certification cannot have been meant to limit your rights as an RN, it was meant to give the RN additional powers, but only when treating patients within the specialty.

If this does not answer your question, you can phone the Arizona State Board of Nursing at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience: attorney at self
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!