socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I would like to rescind the power of attorney with which my

I would like to rescind the power of attorney with which my own lawyer absconded. What must I do?
Under Fla. Stat.(NNN) NNN-NNNN a letter delivered to the person appointed under the power of attorney, stating that the power of attorney is revoked effective immediately, is all that is required to revoke the power of attorney.

Sending the letter certified mail, return receipt requested would provide proof that the revocation was received by the holder of the power.

That's really all that's necessary under Florida law.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate the public about the law. Please help me in this effort by clicking Accept for my Answer to your Question. If you have a subscription account, clicking Accept does not create any additional charge. It merely gets me credit for my Answer.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!