NateLawAnswers
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
11217539

Need to know the statute of limitations for the collection

Need to know the statute of limitations for the collection of credit card debt in the state of Oklahoma?
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

Though some credit card companies try to use the written contract statute of limitations of five year, the open account statute of limitations is actually three years. The proper statute of limitations is the three year limit on bring an action on a credit card debt.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

Thanks!