NateLawAnswers
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
11217539

this is a tenant/landlord issue. we went to court today with

this is a tenant/landlord issue.
we went to court today with our current landlord. the judge removed me off the lease because i didnt sign it , but I did initial all the areas that required a signature, along with a paper receipt regarding the security deposit.I am currently in bankrupsy and the judge held my husband solely responsible for the lease we have with the landlord, since my signature wasnt on the bottom of the 2nd page. do we have grounds for appeal of his decision because my husband shouldn't be the only one responsible for the judgement and I am protected under bankrupsy. I have all my mail here along with my address registered with disability and my drivers license with this address. can he remove me off the lease when both of our names are XXXXX XXXXX main page?
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

Assuming you are still with your husband, your bankruptcy status will not relieve him of the debt. It will relieve you, but you are already relieved by the court. If he clearly signed the lease, your status does not affect his obligation.

If there is something I am misunderstanding about the question, please let me know. But based on what you've stated thus far, keeping you on the hook for the lease would not affect his status on the lease.