NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.

Two years ago I moved out of my home due to my alcoholic husbands

Customer Question

Two years ago I moved out of my home due to my alcoholic husbands disease issues. I moved back home after eight months. He tells me now that he has something on me I guess he thinks abandonment..... What can I tell him to set it straight that he has nothing to fight with for the fact that I moved away?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

That is a ridiculous assertion. I'm not sure how you convince him because that is an entirely delusional conclusion on this part. The best thing to do is re-emphasize the reason that you left - that it was his alcohol abuse that resulted in the separation. That's the best thing to do. If he continues to contend he "has something", you can do no better than ignore it.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.