dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
29685164

I sold some land 9 years ago in la. I told my lawyer that I

Customer Question

I sold some land 9 years ago in la. I told my lawyer that I wanted to keep my mineral rights he said not to mention them and they would go with seller for 10 years. Do I still have rights on the land.
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 33 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you. Your lawyer gave you very bad advice. that is because anything rights or retractions concerning real estate must be spelled out in writing. And if sold the property and the deed does not mention that you retained the mineral rights, you cannot claim them now. Likewise, I would call the lawyer who gave you the bad advice.
Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid unless you accept.