MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

Is it considered unethical or illegal for a casino host to

Is it considered unethical or illegal for a casino host to intentionally offer a false promotion to get someone to a casino and not follow through with the promised promotion ?
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Can you provide the details of the promotion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes my husband and I were told by host we would be attending "the oscars" red carpet, a-list celebrities ,etc. We went to Las Vegas specifically for this event and it wasn't until we were on route to what we thought was the Kodak theater for oscars that we discovered we were going to Elton Johns Oscar viewing party, BIG difference !! Host was vague and evasive about details despite ample opportunities to tell us the correct information
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
I'm confused, is this the 2012 Oscars?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes this past Sunday feb 27
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Lawyer is offline
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a bit troubling as the Oscars were held in Hollywood, CA; and therefore begs the question of how reasonable it was to understand that you were to attend the Oscars in Nevada. Was the invitation to attend the Oscars in writing? I ask because if not, I'm afraid you would have a very difficult time pursuing the matter.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We were flown to LA. From Vegas casino to attend what we thought were oscars , but we instead were flown to a private party hosted by Elton John in LA. A block away for
Oscars !
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the clarification, was the invitation or promotion in writing? If so, what exactly did it say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was via hosts mouth and a month prior of text messages regarding our" once in a lifetime chance to attend the oscars". I had sent text messages that I still have asking, "where in Kodak therater will we sit " and my response from host wAs " there is no bad seat at the oscars".
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX exchange does sound in misrepresentation, and I assume you suffered some harm financially via expenditure of funds in reliance on the belief that you would actually be attending the awards ceremony. If this is true, then you do have grounds for a suit for fraud/negligent misrepresentation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes , we were misleAd And because my husband is a high roller we did not question the offer. He played and lost a lot and we had been there the previous weekend for a tournament, the host wanted for us to return for " oscars" one week later and we did . Just want to be sure we have a leg to stand on should we proceed with this matter.
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have a leg to stand on as there was apparent intent to mislead you via evasive answers to your direct questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One last thing and I thank you already! Because we are dealing with a large corporation what type of lawyer would we need as well as what type of monetary compensation is suitable? My husband lost several hundred thousand through this trip as well.
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
You would retain a consumer protection attorney and would claim for compensatory damages your out of pocket expenses, not including sums lost gambling however. But any sum expended in preparation for the event, travel, lodging, etc would be claimed; as well as punitive damages.
MShore, Attorney