NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.

I have a judgement against from Discover Credit card, they

Customer Question

I have a judgement against from Discover Credit card, they have sent me a post judgement notice to settle & compliance notice & request for discovery letter

What are my options, I am on SSDI and can barely make it as it is with my school loan and other credit cards, and i own a car 2011 nissan, can they take that away??
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

They cannot touch your SSDI, and if that is your only vehicle, they won't be able to touch that either. Essentially, you are what we call "judgment proof". Even if there is a judgment, there is nothing they can do to collect it. In essence, you've got nothing to worry about. Respond to them directly and truthfully.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are they going to ask me for proof of my SSDI award letter?

and will this make this judgement go away?

or will it come back if I am removed from disability?
The judgment will not go away. It will always be there, just as long as you are on disability, it cannot be collected.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so once I am off disability they will come after me again right? so then I might as well pay it somehow how low of a payment will they take??
That's up to them. Once you are off disability, you can worry about the judgment. If you file a slow pay motion with the court, the court will order a payment plan that is doable with your financial situation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry to keep bothering you, can I file that on my own?
Yes. The court clerk will have a form you can use.