How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J.Hazelbaker Your Own Question
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4385
Experience:  Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
J.Hazelbaker is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been awarded a judgement against my previos employeer

Resolved Question:

i have been awarded a judgement against my previos employeer for past commision and wages.. how do I attach his bank account? and is this the best course of action to collect?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

As long as you can identify the bank and the legal name of the account holder, a bank levy is one of the most effective ways to collect a judgment.

To attach/levygarnish the account you go to the clerk of court's office where your case was heard and ask for a "writ of execution" form to levy a bank account. Make sure you take a copy of your judgment with you (though you can pay the clerk to make a copy from your file, if you don't have a copy). The clerk will have the forms and instructions you need as long as you have the information on the account and your judgment.

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

J.Hazelbaker and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you