JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

How do I dispute a charge on my credit card that was performed

How do I dispute a charge on my credit card that was performed as Fraud? The card says that they have to honor what I signed with a merchant even if it was fraudulent and I have proof on a voicemail. The credit card won't do email, so they won't listen to the evidence inside the voicemail message!
I feel like just stopping payments to these people to get them to pay attention.

Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

File a complaint against the credit card company with the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

This is where you go to file a complaint with them against your credit card company:

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.